<< Go Back to Main Help Page

Hops are toxic to you dogs and cats and can cause a reaction called ‘Malignant hyperthermia’ during which their body temperature rises rapidly. You should speak to your vet urgently if your pet ingests a large amount of hops.

However, we have two dogs and a cat here on our hop farm and they have never shown the slightest interest in eating our hops, whether the plants outside or the garlands hanging indoors.

We appreciate all pets have different personalities, yours might be a plant chewer, and we would advise that hop garlands are hung up high. Hanging your hop garland out of reach also means you wont be brushing past it.

 

 

Table of Contents