Fresh Hop Garlands are a beautiful and traditional way to decorate your home or venue. Hung over beams or arches, hops are said to bring good luck. They have a wonderful fragrance and will dry naturally where they are hung.
Add a new touch to your home, pub, or venue with freshly picked hop garlands, only available during the hop harvest season. Fresh hop garlands for decoration look great, and smell lovely too, making them ideal for draping over your doors, beams, dressers or cupboards. Our fresh hops are approx. 2.5 to 3m (approx. 8 to 10ft) long and 20 to 30cm wide.
Hops are a wonderful piece of Kentish tradition. They have a wonderful vibrant colour and fresh fruity-herby aroma. After you hang them they will dry naturally and the colour will slowly change to a lighter greeny yellow. If you have never had hops before, they’re easy to hang, just watch our ‘How to Hang Fresh Hops’ video.
A few important notes on fresh hop garlands:
- their stems have a rough and surface which can scratch your skin and may cause short-term irritation, so we recommend you wear thin gloves and long-sleeved clothing when you are hanging your hops.
- Hop cones contain lupulin, which has a wonderful fragrance, but can leave marks that stain. Be careful of your clothes and furniture.
- You can hang hops almost anywhere, but they must be hung where they will not be knocked by people. As they dry out naturally, they will be delicate and will drop petals if knocked.
- Try to avoid hanging your hops direct sunlight as light will turn the vibrant green garland yellow much faster.
- Your garland MUST be removed from its box the moment it arrives. It is a fresh and moist item and will spoil in the box.
- Fresh hop garlands, like cut flowers, may contain insects such as aphids and ladybirds.
Fresh hops are only available during the hop season, so if you would like hops at other times of year then do take a look at our Dried Hop Garlands